Friday, January 10, 2014

The time has come, the walrus said...

"You see, the most fantastic, magical things can happen, and it all starts with a wish!"
- Jiminy Cricket


Almost 17 years ago, at 4 years old, I experienced the magic of Disney for the very first time.  While I don't remember much from that first trip other than what I see in pictures, that was when my love for all things Disney began.  As I got older, I only fell in love with it more, and I wanted more than anything to be a part of the magic.  Now, I finally get to do that as a part of the Disney College Program.  

Today is my last day at home here in Massachusetts. It feels like yesterday I was applying and, but now my countdowns are all down to 1, and my bags are (almost) packed and ready to go.  Tomorrow morning, I leave for Florida.  What I've been dreaming of for so long is finally happening, and I'm both terrified and excited. It's a scary thing, moving 1,000+ miles away from home, even if it's only for 4 months.  I'm going to miss everything about home SO MUCH (except of course the cold and snow), but I know this experience is going to be an amazing one!  I'm so thankful for the chance to be a part of this program, and for the chance to experience Disney World through the eyes of a Cast Member. 

To my friends and family at home, and to anyone else who wants to follow my journey through the DCP, I'll be posting here as often as I can!  I'll be doing updates throughout my program about work and all the different things I'm doing!  I'll also be including as much information as I can about the program itself for anyone who's interested!  Beyond this blog, I'll also be attempting to vlog (a video blog, for those of you who don't know) and I'll be posting as many pictures as I can on my tumblr; both the links to my YouTube channel and my tumblr can be found in the navigation bar at the top of the page! :)

Thanks to all of you who have been supporting me! I can't wait to start this magical journey!
As Princess Tiana sings;

                    I'm almost there, I'm almost there 
                   People down here think I'm crazy, but I don't care. 
                   Trials and tribulations, I've had my share 
                   There ain't nothing gonna stop me now 'cause I'm almost there!


xo Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment